Saves you time, money and stress
For Enquires or Bookings
Call 0427 330 061
QBCC Lic. A533673

FAQ and Links

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I get a “council” approved building permit?

The good news is, you no longer need to get approval from council for your proposed building /structure. At AAA Building Consultants our highly trained licenced Certifier can assess your plans and documentation and issue the building permit quickly and with minimal hassle and stress to you.

How much does it cost for a building permit?

The cost will depend on the size and type of building. Please contact one of our friendly staff on 07 49 831 911 and we will be able to provide you with an estimated cost.

How long does it take to get a building permit?

Once we have all the documents we require from you, our general turnaround time is within 2 weeks.   Often it can be a lot quicker depending on when we receive the required documentation i.e. plans, engineering etc.  Our aim is to make the building permit process as simple and quick as possible.

How close can I build to the boundaries of my property?

This will depend on the type of structure you’re proposing to build and its length and height relevant to an adjacent boundary.   If you would like some free advice on what boundary clearances you may need please contact our friendly staff on 07 49 831 911.

When do you need to inspect the building?

We generally only require 48 hours notice though further notice is appreciated in remote areas.  Depending on the type of building will determine the required inspections. This will be noted in the building permit conditions when you receive the building permit. These inspections could include footings/pier, slab, frame, blockwork, and final.

Do I have to go to council for my plumbing and drainage permit?

Yes. The plumbing and drainage permit is separate to a building permit and can only be obtained through your council. Once you receive your plumbing and drainage approval a copy needs to be sent to us to lodge with your building permit.


Owner Builder Requirements –

IDAS Forms –

Pool Safety Laws –

QBCC (Queensland Building and Construction Commission) –

QFRS (Queensland Fire and Rescue Service) –

Q-Bears energy efficiency assessments –

National Engineering Registration Board –

Australian Institute of Architects –

Wood solutions –

AIBS (Australian Institute of Building Surveyors) –